MFT Creative Olympics Event 1





Well it turned out to be pretty dreary day,  so I decided to put this card together.  I watched a video this morning on the MFT Channel and learned they are doing an MFT Creative Olympics and I love expressing my creativity so I'm joining in!  I went ahead and went with the color palette for the MFT Color Challenge 87.

This card is for Event 1, Stamping Slalom, and the challenge is to create a card using images from 3 different MFT Stamp Sets.  I used:

MFT Pinstripe Background Stamp
MFT Friends in the Forest
MFT Wild Woodland


I used the tiny stamp from Wild Woodland to stamp out the pink background and I think it is so cute!  I cut that panel using Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies.  I also added some dots to the background in addition to the little leaf.  The pink is Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink and I brayered that onto white cardstock to get a gradient color effect.  The images are stamped using the same ink.  I layered the pink panel on black and added two white eyelets to the side of the black layer. 

Next, I embossed the Pinstripe background stamp using white embossing powder on black cardstock.  I stamped it at a diagonal angle because I think that looks a little better than being parallel or perpendicular.  MFT is the only one who makes a Pinstripe stamp!  I just got it, but you can also make small graph backgrounds by rotating it.  I'll be doing that in the near future.  The sentiment and the bear came from Friends in the Forest.  I stamped the bear and die cut it out in a heart then colored with color pencils.  I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and die cut that out with a banner die.  I also cut a second banner out of some corrugated glitter paper.  I adhered all the panels down to a white A2 base and then I added a scalloped border under that to embellishment it even more.  Yes, I go overboard on embellishing!  Finally I added three different silver sequins and decided to add a little heart and pink binder clip.  For the photo I added a glitter banner as a prop!  Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2018 Paper Pumpkin Unboxing and Alternative Projects

MOJO Monday Sketch 506

Viva La Verve April 2018 Sketch