Happy Valentine's Day! MFT Creative Olympics Event 3 Crafty Biathalon





I created this card today for the MFT Creative Olympics Event 3, Crafty Biathlon.  I don't have a ton of MFT stamps so I'm having to get creative!  This took me a while to stamp & emboss, but this is such an adorable set of images, right?  I chose a gatefold card, but I off centered the fold, and for the technique I went with Emboss Resist.   The stamps are from "Friends in the Forest" by MFT.

I embossed with red & white embossing powders and used several images from the set.  Next, I brayered Picked Rasberry Distress Oxide Ink to get a pink gradient, then I wiped away the ink from the white embossing.  I splashed that with some water (and added some morning dew Nuvo drops to look like water droplets).  Next, I used MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 2 and basically used two of the tops to create holes for baker's twine.  I also added a red button and some 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon I found at Wal-mart for $1.  I hot glued that so it won't fall off.  I used some of the circles from the tag dies and placed a silver sequin in the middle and then added a few more sequins to finish this card.  Whew!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Daisy! I love the background you've created, it's so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 2018 Paper Pumpkin Unboxing and Alternative Projects

MOJO Monday Sketch 506

Viva La Verve April 2018 Sketch