Pink & Navy Floral "Junk" Journal











YouTube video flip through:  https://youtu.be/XwRFBwupsVg

I learned how to make these chipboard journals from youtube, and they are called "junk journals".  I didn't really use junk in this one, so maybe I'll just call it a journal.  This one is for my sister, they generally take 3 to4 days to complete.

It still needs a few more finishing touches I think, the cover is a little plain.  I need to iron the wide, white grosgrain ribbon.  And since I have a ton of beads and charms, I'm going to make a book charm for it also.

I used a paper pad called, "Blue Blooms" (December 2017), so its still available right now and its so cute.  I really like this paper pad.  On the cover I used two papers that I had purchased separately.  The double sided floral/gingham is by My Mind's Eye and I believe it is no longer available.  I have had this for a few years, originally purchased at Hobby Lobby on clearance and the other cover paper is an embossed navy paper that I picked up at Michael's.  On the inside cover, I used the other side of the floral paper which is a light pink gingham pattern.  I made paper clip embellishment from the same paper to match and I made a few mini envelopes.  You can see the entire journal at the video shown above.

Comments

  1. Love your fabulous creation! All the details are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 2018 Paper Pumpkin Unboxing and Alternative Projects

MOJO Monday Sketch 506

Viva La Verve April 2018 Sketch