Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight with Picture Perfect Birthday from Stampin' Up!

I created this card for the Inspire. Create.  Stamping Challenge, as pictured above.  This challenge can be found here:  http://inspirecreatechallenges.blogspot.com/

I was glad to use this yellow  DSP.  In the past I have tended to hoard my prettiest papers so now I have piles and piles!  I have decided to stop doing that and use the beautiful paper instead. LOL.
So I layered that on Bermuda Bay.  And I did use all Stampin' Up! products for this card, Yay!  I did ink the edges with Daffodil Delight and maybe a darker ink would have looked better but I could not decide which color.  I use Sahara Sand a lot for edges, but sometimes it just makes the paper look dirty, so I stopped with the Daffodil Delight.  The thick twine is Melon Mambo (recently in the clearance rack) and I used Whisper White twine to tie the button.  The button is a gold metal button from Stampin' Up! and is no longer available.  I die cut the DSP using the die from Petal Palette and then I inlaid the paper with another cut out of the die in Melon Mambo.  I also added a layer of white and offset just a tad then I added Daffodil Delight enamel shapes to the centers.  Finally, for the sentiment, I used this wonderful stamp from Picture Perfect Birthday.  The sentiments in this stamp set are gorgeous.  I bought this stamp set for the bow (and I still haven't stamped that out yet!)  Next, I used Stampin' Up! layering ovals to cut both ovals, which are the same size.  Now I do admit the polka dot paper is not Stampin' Up!, but it was laying there on my desk and I liked it better than the plain Bermuda Bay cardstock, so I added it instead.

Comments

  1. Lovely card... great use of the colours in the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MOJO Monday Sketch 506

February 2018 Paper Pumpkin Unboxing and Alternative Projects

Viva La Verve April 2018 Sketch